GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Ringwood Training delivers nationally accredited training programs in the Engineering, Automotive and Information Technology/Cisco fields. RT’s registered name for Registered Training Organisation (RTO) purposes is Ringwood Secondary College, RTO No 22475.
RSC is a government school provider of training programs for apprentices, traineeships, post-school students and senior secondary aged students from across the eastern part of Melbourne.
Qualifications and courses are listed at training.gov.au
National qualifications and courses are recognised by TAFE Institutes and Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s).
RT training is industry led and driven by industry needs.
Students have the opportunity to undertake accredited Certificate II, Certificate III and higher level training whilst they complete senior secondary school qualifications (VCAL and VCE). Certificate II Engineering and Automotive Studies are available as VCE VET Units 1 – 4. Information Technology and Cisco Networking are also available as VET in Schools programs. Certificate III in Engineering, Automotive and IT are available for Apprenticeships and SBATs (School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships).
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
RT delivers the “off the job” training for Certificate III Apprenticeships and Traineeships in Engineering, Automotive and Information Technology.
These programs have two components:
- TRAINING: Apprentices and Trainees attend training as day release or block release – ‘trade school’. RT’s Engineering ‘trade school’ day is Monday or Friday, Automotive is Monday or Tuesday or Block Release. A Training Plan is agreed between the RTO, the Employer and the Apprentice.
- EMPLOYMENT: Apprentices are employed full-time on a training contract and trained in accordance with a Training Plan that is registered with an AAC (Australian Apprenticeship Centre).
School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships
School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships have three components; RT delivers the training component
- SCHOOL: Students attend two or three days of VCAL or VCE at home school.
- TRAINING: Students attend one day of ‘off the job’ training at RT (Engineering trade day is on Monday or Friday, Auto is Friday). Training is delivered as per the ‘Training Plan’ that is registered by an Australian Apprenticeship Centre.
- WORK: Students work for one or two days per week, employed on a contract as a School-based Apprentice or Trainee.
Contact RT if you are interested in a full-time Apprenticeship or an SBAT (School-based Apprenticeship or Traineeship).
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and SBATs are registered by at an AAC – Australian Apprenticeship Centre. Information about Apprenticeships and Traineeships is available at: http://www.skills.vic.gov.au/apprentices
Contact us now
Notice: Undefined index: size in /var/www/rt/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/Display/Render.php on line 209